The City of Mitchell received the following applications for a special event, Parade of Lights, to be held on Tuesday, November 29th, 2022 and Beers & Gears Mountain Bike Race, to be held on Saturday, June 24th, 2023. The applications will be considered at the November 7th City Council Meeting. The applications can be viewed on the November 7th, 2022 City Council Agenda at https://www.cityofmitchell.org/AgendaCenter.
The Parade of Lights permit application requests the following for approval:
- Road Closure - Main Street from Railroad St. to 9th Ave. close at 4 PM; Railroad St. from alley west of Main St. to Kimball St.; and 9th Ave. from Rowley to Lawler St.; All West/East streets close at 4 PM as well.
- Parking Lot Closure - Northwest city parking lot on intersection of Main Street and Railroad St. closes at 4 PM.
- Parade Permit ($50)
- Noise Permit - 7 PM until 8:30 PM
- The request also includes turning off street lights on Main Street starting at 7 PM and turning the street lights back on, once the parade is complete.
The Beers & Gears Mountain Bike Race permit application requests the following for approval:
- Parking Lot Closure - Sandy Beach (Lake Mitchell) from 6:00 AM to 3:00 PM.