The Mitchell City Council evaluates program-funding proposals on an annual basis for funding in the following calendar year. The City’s fiscal year is January 1 to December 31. Proposals must be submitted in accordance with the budget cycle schedule and proposal format outlined below. Please note that requests may only be made during this period of time. Completed applications must be received on or before July 29, 2022.
City Budget Cycle Schedule:
July 1, 2022 Subsidy Applications Open
July 29, 2022 Deadline to submit completed funding proposal to City of Mitchell (early submission is encouraged)
August- September Administrative Review of Budget
October Council review of budget
November Council adoption of budget
December Notification of funding
- Applicant must be located or provide services within the City of Mitchell.
- Funding requests from individuals, religious, or political groups are ineligible.
- Funding requests from qualified organizations outside of the funding timeline prescribed will not be considered.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for funding.
- Any applications who have previously received funding, must comply with the 2022 reporting requirements before applying for 2023 funding.
- Completed funding application.
- Cover letter signed by the senior administrative official that briefly describes the project and funding request.
- Most recent audit.
- Most recent budget.
- List of current members of Board of Directors.