Parks, Recreation & Forestry
COVID 19 Department Policies and Recommendations for Mitchell Parks & Rec
- Refrain from using parks or trails if you are exhibiting symptoms.
- Follow CDC’s guidance on personal hygiene prior to and during use of parks or trails.
- While on trails, warn other users of your presence and as you pass, step aside to let others pass.
- Follow CDC guidance on the recommended size of social gatherings including outdoor picnicking, pick-up sports and other group hangouts, and maintain proper physical distance at all times.
- Observe CDC’s minimum recommended physical distancing of 6 feet from other individuals at all times. If this is not possible, users should find an alternate location or depart that space.
- Consult our local and state ordinances and guidelines for the most up to date recommendations on park and trail use.
- Physical distancing signs provided in all spectator areas
Enclosed Facility Requirements
Please contact the Parks and Recreation Staff if you need special assistance for underlying health conditions prior to your visit. We do ask that if you are experiencing any COVID symptoms that you stay home.
- Maintain 6 ft. distance between individuals or groups (113 square ft. per person occupancy at Recreation Center, Outdoor Pool and Ice Arena).
- Spectator occupancy of 4 ft. distancing allowed if associations require masks.
- Follow CDC’s guidance on personal hygiene prior to entering the facility
- Follow CDC guidance on the recommended size of social gatherings
- Consult our local and state ordinances and guidelines for the most up to date recommendations
- Physical distancing signs provided at each enclosed facility
GUIDELINES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME
"Our mission is to provide the citizens of Mitchell a high-quality parks and recreation system in the most cost-effective manner supported through reliable and sustainable funding sources that will contribute to the quality of life and economic vitality of the city."
- Mitchell Parks & Recreation Master Plan
- Mitchell Parks & Recreation Facility Inventory
- Skatepark LWCF Grant Review - Comment at email@example.com
- Dry Run Creek Lights LWCF Grant Review - Comment at