Palace Transit operates curb to curb public transportation to anyone of any age in Mitchell Monday through Friday from 5:30 a.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Call the Palace Transit office at 995-8440 Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. to reserve or cancel a ride. All rides must be scheduled by 4:00 p.m. the day before and Monday rides must be called in by Friday. Weekend and evening cancellations can be made by calling 999-8440.
Holidays with limited or suspended services:
- New Year’s Day - No Services
- Thanksgiving Day - No Services
- Christmas Eve - Closes at 2 p.m.
- Christmas Day - No Services
- Grocery Shopping - Monday-Friday 9 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. To all grocery stores
- Shopko/Coborns - Monday-Friday 9 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
- Walmart - Monday-Friday 10 a.m. pickup and 11:30 a.m. return, or 1 p.m. pickup and 2:30 p.m. return
Palace Transit rides may be scheduled to go where you need to go such as:
- Beauty Shops
- Government Offices
- Parks and Recreation
- Senior Meals
- Medical Appointments
Communities served by Palace Transit include:
- Mt. Vernon
Routes are determined by our routing software. There are no guarantees on pick-up or drop off times; however, Palace Transit will strive to accommodate all passengers as best as possible.
We are a Medicaid provider; prior approval is required. If any individual over the age of 60 is unable to afford transportation service, contact the Palace Transit office for assistance.
Any child under the age 3 must ride with a parent or responsible guardian.
This transit agency is committed to providing non-discriminatory service. To request more information or to file a discrimination complaint contact this agency or the South Dakota Department of Transportation at 605-773-3540.
Community Services Advisory Board
The Community Services Advisory Council meets:
- 10-11 a.m.
- 2nd Thursday of Every Month
- City Hall Council Chambers
612 N Main
Mitchell, SD 57301